“Happy families aren’t born… they’re made one day at a time.”
The most important job of your life is tougher than you think! This program is designed to support families as they struggle to raise good kids in hard times. It is flexible enough to help parents raise infants, toddlers, pre-teens and teen aged children.
• Classes are held Tuesday evenings, 6 p.m. – 8: 30 p.m. for 6 consecutive weeks.
• Groups are kept small (limit 12 participants) to allow each parent a chance to join in the class.
• There is a sliding scale fee, never more than $10 dollars a week, to cover all expenses.
• A certificate of completion is awarded after week 6 that satisfies court ordered parenting requirements.
• Babysitting is provided if needed.
• Referrals: self, court, medical professional, social worker, school authorities.
• Use non-violent discipline techniques that work.
• Improve communication with your children.
• Teach responsibility and other important values.
• Handle problems as they come up.
• Cope with difficult topics such as drugs, violence, and sex.
• Defuse power struggles with your children.
• Stimulate independence as your child grows older.
• Encourage your children to be their very best.
This program is taught by Certified Parent Leaders. The curriculum materials, “Active Parenting,” were developed by Michael H. Popkin Ph.D. These research-based materials use videos, discussion, and parent homework” assignments in a way that ensures each parent can understand and apply principles of good parenting.
…open your heart and senses to the wonder all around as you help your child explore our fascinating world while learning to work together….